Forum

The King  

RSS

Star
 Star
Music Producer
21/07/2017 12:56 pm  

Elvis is and always will be the greatest.  I am impressed with all that he had accomplished in such a short time.  He broke down walls for others to follow.  I cant think of another as soulful, as humble, as caring.   He always wanted to do right by all that depended on him including his fans.  What a burden to carry.  He is still loved today and touching peoples lives. He is drawing younger fans and people are doing great work in his name to carry on his philanthropy.  Like I said Always the Greatest.

ReplyQuote
Pith
 Pith
Roadie
04/08/2017 1:52 pm  

As a new fan I want to add some insite to your evaluation of Elvis Presley's music and career, since I was not impressed.   I bought 30#1 Hits recently.  I don't care about the highs and lows of his career or what clothes he wore (it actually adds to his persona - when hailed as a king then dress as one).  What appeals to me is the sincerity of the person and the music.  While you might be focussing on the R'n'R aspect of Elvis it seems like he was a well rounded performer who could swoon as well as rock.  You might think songs like "Don't Be Cruel" are poppy, but I think they show his tender side - a real plus to his good looks.  The really unfortunate thing was that others took advantage of him, like that mean doctor guy and his greedy manager.  Do you really think Elvis 'wanted' to do all those floppy movies?  In the end it was Elvis who paid the price.  I don't think I would want to be in his "Blue Suede Shoes".  The one aspect of his career that you did forget to mention, and what I think is the most compelling aspect of Elvis was that he recorded 2 gospel records.    

One question though, was it just Elvis or did everyone cover each others songs back in those days, or did they have other people write songs for them?

ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register

Recent Comments

Archives

Categories

• No categories