Forum

The King  

RSS

Star
 Star
Music Producer
21/07/2017 12:56 pm  

Elvis is and always will be the greatest.  I am impressed with all that he had accomplished in such a short time.  He broke down walls for others to follow.  I cant think of another as soulful, as humble, as caring.   He always wanted to do right by all that depended on him including his fans.  What a burden to carry.  He is still loved today and touching peoples lives. He is drawing younger fans and people are doing great work in his name to carry on his philanthropy.  Like I said Always the Greatest.

ReplyQuote
Pith
 Pith
Roadie
04/08/2017 1:52 pm  

As a new fan I want to add some insite to your evaluation of Elvis Presley's music and career, since I was not impressed.   I bought 30#1 Hits recently.  I don't care about the highs and lows of his career or what clothes he wore (it actually adds to his persona - when hailed as a king then dress as one).  What appeals to me is the sincerity of the person and the music.  While you might be focussing on the R'n'R aspect of Elvis it seems like he was a well rounded performer who could swoon as well as rock.  You might think songs like "Don't Be Cruel" are poppy, but I think they show his tender side - a real plus to his good looks.  The really unfortunate thing was that others took advantage of him, like that mean doctor guy and his greedy manager.  Do you really think Elvis 'wanted' to do all those floppy movies?  In the end it was Elvis who paid the price.  I don't think I would want to be in his "Blue Suede Shoes".  The one aspect of his career that you did forget to mention, and what I think is the most compelling aspect of Elvis was that he recorded 2 gospel records.    

One question though, was it just Elvis or did everyone cover each others songs back in those days, or did they have other people write songs for them?

ReplyQuote
Greggg
Roadie
05/06/2018 11:25 am  

Elvis will always be the King!  There has never been anyone like him and there never will be!  Elvis had everything, looks, talent, personality, and charisma! Elvis loved his fans and we love him...still!   Elvis's life totally changed in such a short time, it must have been really hard for him! He went from an ordinary guy to one who couldn't leave his house without being mobbed! But he always loved his fans.  He would always stop for an autograph, he even went down to the gates to talk with his fans! I don't think the kids today will ever understand what Elvis did for music! I mean, before Elvis we had Perry Como! Not that Perry Como was bad, but Elvis gave us a whole new definition of music!  

Parker made him a star, but he also held him back, as to touring out of the country(because Parker couldn't go, he was an illegal alien!), making him do all those goofy movies, Elvis could have been a great actor if given the chance. He so wanted to do dramatic parts and not sing in the movies! I think he proved his acting ability in "King Creole".  But, he was loyal to Parker, regardless of being used by him. Elvis never forgot where he came from and he thanked his Lord for the talent He gave him. Elvis could sing anything and he did! His ballads are beautiful! When he sang rock you couldn't sit still and his gospel songs had so much feeling! His voice just got better and better.  Even at the end, as ill as he was, his voice never faltered.

He must be leading one heck of a group in Heaven!  I hope he is watching and knows how much his fans still love him. His fans are of all ages, from all walks of life, all races and nationalities. My 16 month old granddaughter loves him! She'll sit and watch him when my daughter puts in one of her DVD's. She even kisses her Elvis pillow! I've been a fan for 50 years, I was 7 when I first saw him on Ed Sullivan and have loved him ever since! Elvis is the greatest! 

Edited: 4 months  ago

ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register